The protection of personal data is an important concern of Velamed GmbH. Therefore, we treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with legal regulations. Personal data is collected on this website only to the extent technically necessary or if they are entered voluntarily.
The following explanation gives you an overview of how we guarantee this protection and what kind of data is collected for which purpose.
Velamed – Biomechanical Measuring Solutions
www.velamed.com | Effective: 01.06.2018
Persons responsible in line with section. 4 subparagraph. 7 EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Telefon: +49 221 2725300
Fax: +49 221 27253025
Data Protection Officer
Tel.: +49 221 995300
§1 Legal basis for the processing of personal data
(1) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as legal basis.
(2) In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual actions.
(3) Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation which is subject to our company, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as legal basis.
(4) In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as legal basis.
(5) If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the first interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as legal basis for processing.
§2 Data deletion & storage period
(1) The personal data of the data subject shall be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is removed.
(2) In addition, such storage may be provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject.
(3) A blocking or deletion of the data takes place even if a prescribed by the standards mentioned storage period expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for a contract or fulfillment of the contract.
§3 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally available to you, eg. Name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, we will store the information you have provided (your e-mail address, your name and your telephone number if applicable) in order to answer your questions. We delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required, or limit the processing if there are statutory retention requirements.
(3) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we also name the specified criteria for the storage duration.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website In the case of informational use of the website, ie if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability and security (legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. GDPR) :
– Referrer (previously visited website)
– Requested website or file
– browser type and browser version
– Operating system used
– Used device type
– Time of access
– anonymous IP address (used only to determine the location of access)
– 1 & 1 Web Analytics Tracking and Logging
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you are using, and that provide certain information to the body that sets the cookie. Cookies can not run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
Transient cookies (see a)
Persistent cookies (see b)
Flash cookies (see e)
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
c) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and for example decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Socalled “Third Party Cookies” are cookies that have been set by a third party, and therefore not by the actual website on which you are currently located. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not detected by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of your browser and do not have an automatic expiration date. You can configure the setting and deletion of Flash cookies via the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. Alternatively, if you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you can install an add-on such as: Eg “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
§4 Other functions & offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. Mandatory information is marked with an asterisk. Information in fields not marked in this way is purely voluntary.
(2) When you contact the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, your e-mail address and, if you so specify, your name, telephone number and […] of us will be stored to answer your questions.
(3) We sometimes use to process your data from external service providers. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(4) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if action participations, competitions, contracts or similar services are offered by us together with partners. For more information, please refer to your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(5) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§5 Rights of the person concerned
In the following, we will inform you about your data subject rights in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. You can exercise these rights at any time and therefore contact us directly. Insofar as you claim these rights against us, we will examine these in detail, taking into account the associated legal requirements and imposts. For this we will ask for more information from you. We will explain the results of our examination as well as our procedure for the fulfillment of your inquiry in detail. It is possible that we can not fully meet your wishes in the way you want.
This should not prevent you from claiming your rights or asking us about them. We will gladly answer all your inquiries.
(1) Right to information
You have the right to request information from us at any time as to whether and which data about you is processed by us. This also includes information on the purposes of the processing, possibly on recipients to whom we have disclosed data about you, the planned storage period and, if applicable, information on the origin of this data, if we did not collect these directly from you. In addition, you have the right to a one-time, free copy of your personal data stored with us. In making the following copies, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee.
(2) Right to rectification
You have the right to demand that we correct the incorrect data we have stored about you. This includes the right to complete incomplete personal data.
(3) Right to Cancellation
You have the right to request that we delete the data we have stored about you. If we have published data from you, this also includes our obligation, in the context of the “right to be forgotten” under Art. 17 para. 2 GDPR, taking into account available technology and the implementation costs, your deletion request all links to these data as well as copies or replications to forward this data to other persons responsible for the processing of this published personal data.
(4) Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of data that we have stored about you. Thereafter, processing of this data is only possible with your consent or for a limited number of legally stipulated purposes.
(5) Right to object to processing
To the extent that we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we describe in each case in the following description of the functions. In the event of such a disagreement, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons on which we continue the processing.
Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. About your advertising conflict you can inform us about the above mentioned contact ways.
(6) Right to revoke a data protection consent
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoked at any time. Such revocation will affect the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
(7) Right to Data Portability
You have the right to obtain personally identifiable information about us in a structured, common and machine-readable format for the purpose of transfer to another person in charge. At your request and taking into account the existing technical possibilities, this includes the direct transfer from us to the other person in charge.
(8) Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain at any time to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of personal data.
(9) Automated decision-making including profiling
They have the right to provide information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling under Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the affected party To receive person.
§6 Web Analytics
The legal basis for the use of all Web analysis tools listed in this section is Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR, i. the preservation of our legitimate interests in consideration of the interests of our website visitors. We are interested in analyzing the use of our website by our website visitors in order to improve our offer and to make it more interesting for you as a user. Insofar as the analysis tool used also serves other purposes or we make use of it for other interests, we will inform you directly in the notes to the respective analysis tool.
§7 Social Media and other services of third parties
Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all included in the “extended privacy mode”, d. H. that you do not transfer data about you as a user to YouTube if you are not playing the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer. With the inclusion of YouTube videos we pursue our interest, to improve our website to make it more interesting and attractive for our visitors and to achieve a better presentation of content or facts. The legal basis for the use of the plug-in is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to in § 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you’re logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to associate with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or custom design of its website. Such an evaluation is done in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these User Profiles, and you must be directed to YouTube to use them.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. In doing so, we are pursuing our interest in increasing the attractiveness of our website by showing you interactive maps directly on our website and allowing you to make comfortable use of the map function. The legal basis for the use of the plug-in is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to in § 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you’re logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is done in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the formation of these user profiles, and you must comply with this to Google.
Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts, provided by Google, for the uniform representation of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you use must connect to Google’s servers. As a result, Google learns that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a consistent and attractive presentation of our online services. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font will be used by your computer.
§8 Zendesk Support Platform